Our Maternity Shoot







So it is not often that I, the photographer am photographed. And my husband and I haven't taken professional pictures together since our wedding over 9 years ago. But this felt like a time when pictures are definitely necessary. 
Funny story about this process is that I really wasn't in the mood for maternity pictures. I spent too many hours trying to find the right colors and outfit and nothing felt right or it was just too overpriced for a dress that I would only wear for 2 to 3 hours out of my life. The easy part was having a list of awesome photographers to choose from and even easier narrowing it down because I let my husband make the final decision on who we would work with. 
Eventually I found an awesome and inexpensive jersey knit dress on amazon (yes amazon of all places). I decided to go with our wedding color purple for the dress. Pinterest and Michaels was my best friend when assisting with making my head piece (the night before the shoot). And the photographer had thee best location for the shoot, which tied in exactly what I wanted.
Now many of you know my husband hates his pictures to be placed on social media,  (blogs don't count right?) and when he does take pictures he refuses to smile !!!  So I took to Pinterest yet again and found tons of poses where his face is not shown directly which would allow me to share where ever and it doesn't look like I dragged him by his beard to the shoot, lol. 
The day of the shoot I ran late!! I ran late!! I hate being late and I hate having other people waiting on me. I can't blame anyone but me for my lateness. I was flustered and hot and just all over the place. So on our way to the shoot I used some of the breathing techniques from my child birth classes to calm myself down. My husband at this point thinks I'm crazy, but they worked and by the time we arrived I was ready to go.
What you see below is a labor of love (I made it so hard), the handsomeness of my amazing husband and the talent of such an extraordinary photographer. Check out a few of our favorite images from our session and stay tuned for more blog updates on the arrival of Baby Fleet.
Photographer: Lexis Photography










5 comments

  1. Such an awesome photo shoot! Embrace this time, it comes and goes in a blink of an eye! Be patient, and loving and kind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so beautiful and happy. Congratulations to you and the Mr. My advice would be to find the good in every single moment because there WILL be some when it looks like you won't come out on the other end with the good sense you started with (sleepless nights, diaper blow outs, picky eaters, tantrums). And wine. LOTS of wine (After you finish breast feeding if that is your choice) ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures are stunning. You chose the perfect location. I absolutely love your purple dress!Keep God first in all your decisions. You can't go wrong! I pray you have a healthy baby & a long prosperous marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are an inspiration to so many even ones who don't know you personally, this is an absolutely beautiful shoot, and once again congratulations on yourt bundle of joy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations ... this is such an exciting time for you two, May God continue to bless you and your family as you welcome your little one. These photos are absolutely beautiful...

    ReplyDelete